Tollhouse is located about 40 miles south of Yosemite.
Launch is from a grassy area between some ridge-top trees and slopes lightly down until a rocky cliff face.
Access is 4 WD with clearance. Smaller, low clearance, AWD/4WD may not make it up the dirt roads to Launch.
The LZ is large and slightly sloped grassy area. There are some power lines nearby, but there is enough room for figure 8 approaches without being at all close to the Power lines.
Mid-Day and XC flying during summer months should only be done by experienced pilots. Better yet, the site is great for morning flights and evening glass off during the summer season.
Tollhouse is a regulated P3 site, but P2 pilots can fly with an approved sponsor. All pilots need to be members of USHPA and also need to be current (Annual Renewal) in regards to site fees (info below). P3 and P4 pilots should get a site intro and are required to join the Central Valley Hang gliding and Paragliding Association (CCHPA) – the club that sponsors and insures the site. The Annual Fee for Tollhouse is $50 / Year and Day Use Fee is $10/ day.
Payment – Please visit the new club site at CCHPC.club. The page to join the club and pay your dues is:
Getting to Ron Jones – Camping Property (29122 Gibbs Ranch Road, Tollhouse, CA 93667) Please print out these directions, but if GPS is working, perhaps that will make it easier:
- Head Southeast on 99 South
- Merge onto 99 South
- Take Cleaveland Ave exit (exit 155)
- Turn left onto Ave 15 1/2/W Cleaveland Ave (Signs for Millerton Lake)
.2 miles on W Cleaveland
- Turn Right to Stay on W Cleaveland
- Continue onto Tozer St
- Turn Left onto CA 145 “N/E Yosemite Ave”
- Turn Right onto Road 206
- Continue onto North Fork Road
- Turn Left onto Millerton Road
- Turn Left onto Aubury Road
- Continue Straight onto CA 168
- Continue Straight onto Lodge Road
- Turn Left on Tollhouse Road
- Turn Right onto Gibbs Ranch Road
Destination will be on Left Side of Road.
Just before you turn right on Gibbs Ranch Road, you will see a cemetery on the left. This is where you park when going to the LZ to meet etc.